Public Awareness Tools
Now is the time to tell your family, friends, colleagues and policymakers about the importance of building connections that matter, investing upstream in prevention and how they can help. Use these tools to raise your voice for positive change.
Toolkits & other resources
Using the links below, Prevent Child Abuse North Carolina partners can download toolkits and assets including social media content and templates as well as flyers and brochures. To request printed versions of these materials (at no cost to you) in packs of 100 – or for EPS files of these documents – please contact Kris Demers.
Child Abuse Prevention Month Social Media Toolkit
Using the links below, Prevent Child Abuse North Carolina partners can download the Child Abuse Prevention Month Social Media Toolkit and assets.
- Child Abuse Prevention Month Social Media Toolkit
- Facebook Images – (zip)
- Twitter Images – (zip)
- Post your Pinwheel Flyer – (pdf)
Driving Prevention Toolkit
Kids First License Plates: Driving Prevention Toolkit & Materials
- English – JPG
- Spanish – Coming soon!
English Sample Letters
- Invite board member to purchase & promote Kids First License Plate
- Invite staff member to purchase & promote Kids First License Plate
- Invite Partners & Supporters to purchase & promote Kids First License Plate
Spanish Sample Letters
- Invite Board Members to Purchase & Promote the Kids First License Plate
- Invite staff members to purchase & promote the Kids First License Plate
- Invite Partners & Supporters to Purchase & Promote the Kids First License Plates
Social Media Content
- Pre-Written Social Media Posts (word) – English
- Pre-Written Social Media Posts (PDF) – English
- Pre-Written Social Media Posts – Spanish
- Facebook Images – (zip)
- Facebook Cover Photos – (zip)
- Twitter Images – (zip)
- Twitter Cover Photos – (zip)
- Website Banner Photos – (zip)
- Official Hashtag – The official hashtag of the Kids First license plate campaign is #KidsFirst. Please use this in all of your social media posts!
Twitter List of NC CTF Grantees – Follow the NC CTF Grantee Twitter List we created to retweet and engage with tweets from other NC CTF Grantees about #KidsFirst.
Recognizing & Responding to Suspicions of Child Maltreatment Course - Social Media Toolkit
Talking About Prevention Toolkit
Tools & Resources to talk about Prevention
For the User
- Do’s and Don’ts of Framing
The Seven Stages of FrameWorks
Reframing 101 Webinar
For the Trainer
- Core Handouts
- The Seven Stages of FrameWorks
Tough Questions for Presenters
Five Tips for Effective Presentations
More about how to talk about prevention
Parent Leadership Toolkit
- National Parent Leadership Month is celebrated every February. Parents Anonymous, Inc. established the month to recognize the important role parents play in their communities.
- Parent leaders represent the “parent voice” and are strong advocates for all families in their community. They provide input into family support program and community decisions and serve as role models and resources for other parents; thereby enhancing factors proven to prevent abuse and neglect.
- Empowering parents to take leadership roles in their communities not only strengthens the individual parent and his or her family, it also improves outcomes for all children. Research shows that health, education, and family support organizations achieve more positive results and use resources more effectively when they partner with parents.
- We invite you to join us in recognizing Parent Leadership Month, and have created the following materials to help you with your public awareness efforts.
Parent Leadership Month Public Awareness Toolkit
- Parent Leadership Month Talking Points
- Parent Leadership Month FAQs
- 29 Ways to Recognize Parent Leadership Month
- Parent Leadership Month Proclamation Template
- Letter Template Inviting Businesses and Other Organizations to Join You in Recognizing Parent Leaders
- Parent Leadership Month Sample Social Media Posts
For More Information
- If you have any questions or need assistance with the public awareness toolkit, please contact Kris Demers, Communications Manager, at email@example.com.
- For more information about Parent Leadership Month, visit Parents Anonymous, Inc.
Web-based Resource Centers
- Protective Factors
- NC’s Safe Surrender Law
- The impact of child abuse and neglect
- Parent leadership
- NC Children’s Trust Fund and Kids First License Plate
- Fatherhood Resource Center
- Child maltreatment data and statistics
- Effective family-strengthening programs and implementation support
- Recognizing and responding to child maltreatment
- Child sexual abuse prevention
- Free, online, self-guided Recognizing and Responding to Suspicions of Child Maltreatment Course available in English and Spanish
- Free, online, self-guided What is Prevention? Course available at no cost to all NC citizens
- Topic- and audience-specific webinars and trainings