PCANC is dedicated to making sure North Carolina’s citizens and professionals have the most effective and up-to-date tools possible to prevent child abuse and neglect before it occurs. Our workshops, trainings, and webinars offer the latest information, research, and strategies to help you strengthen families, increase protective factors, and ensure all children thrive.
Professional Development Opportunities
Our Professional Education Program offers a variety of professional development opportunities including:
- Prevention Network Webinars – Each year PCANC offers webinars on a variety of topics related to child abuse prevention. These webinars are archived and available for members of the Prevention Network.
- Recognizing and Responding to Suspicions of Child Maltreatment (R&R) – a self-guided online training that teaches citizens and professionals the signs of abuse and neglect, what to do when they suspect it is happening, NC’s reporting law, and what happens after a report is made. This training is available in English and in Spanish at no cost. PLEASE NOTE: The Spanish version of this course will be unavailable until funding can be secured to update the course to include new legislation affecting how child maltreatment is reported.
- What is Prevention? - a course designed for professionals and volunteers working with children and families. The one-hour course provides an introduction to child maltreatment prevention.
- Facilitator Trainings – trainings for Prevention Network members implementing Incredible Years, Strengthening Families Program 6-11, and Circle of Parents programs.
- Other Training and Networking Events - PCANC offers trainings on key issues and strategies on an as-needed basis. See Upcoming Training and Networking Events for our current offerings.
NOTE: The Recognizing and Responding to Suspicions of Maltreatment and the What is Prevention Course will be unavailable November 20-26, 2018 for maitenance. We apologize for this inconvenience.