Self-Guided Online Courses
Prevent Child Abuse North Carolina provides these courses, to North Carolina citizens free of charge through support from the North Carolina Division of Social Services and the generosity of our supporters. We welcome contributions to help us continue to provide these services for professionals and concerned citizens interested in promoting the well-being of families across North Carolina.
Self-Guided Course Format
Courses are divided into modules, lessons, and topics, and the user will be guided through each step. Users can pause at any time, or logout and return to pick up where they left off. Each course will end with a Survey and Quiz, as well as a Certificate of Completion that can be printed or saved.
Now Available in Spanish
PCANC was granted funding to provide one of our courses in Spanish with the generous support of the Governor’s Crime Commission – NC DPS. Reconociendo y Respondiendo a las Sospechas de Maltrato Infantil can be accessed by clicking on the START COURSE button below and selecting Available Courses. (Technical assistance is available only in English).
At the end of each courses, you will be guided through several survey questions. Your feedback is important and will help us improve and develop future versions.
- You will be asked to Register with a login and password. Because this is a self-guided course, you may pause to read at your own pace or log in or out at any time.
- Text may be small and difficult to view on a mobile device, and some features may not operate normally. If you experience problems on mobile, please switch to a laptop or desktop.
- For best results, use earbuds or headphones.
- The average time spent completing the material is around 2 hours.
- The Resources menu contains a PDF of the full course available for viewing or printing at any time.
- After completing this course with a score of at least 80%, you may save or print your Certificate of Completion.
- If you don’t have a printer, check your inbox. You will automatically receive an email with a PDF of your Certificate after passing the Quiz.
- CHECK YOUR EMAIL inbox for a message from PCANC–sent the day you passed the quiz–with a PDF of your certificate attached (check Spam/Junk if you don’t find it in your inbox); OR
- LOGIN TO THE COURSE with your username (your email address) and password to retrieve a copy. Use the ‘Forgot Password’ link on the login page if you need to reset your password.
If you experience problems or need assistance at any time during the course, check the Resources menu. If you don’t find the answer you need there, or the problem persists, please send an email to Theresa Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-256-6613.
We DO NOT have a 24-hour Help Desk. Calls and emails will be addressed as soon as possible during normal business hours.
If you have any problem with the course, please don’t wait to contact us. Let us know as soon as possible so we can be of assistance!
We STRONGLY recommend that you retain the emailed or printed copy for your own records. Employers and schools do not routinely keep these beyond your employment, and (starting September 2020) they will only be available online for 12 months.
You’ll want to have your own copy.