Recognizing & Responding Online Course
Please read all of the information on this page before starting the course.
Prevent Child Abuse North Carolina provides this, and other courses, to North Carolina citizens free of charge through support from the North Carolina Division of Social Services and the generosity of our supporters. We welcome contributions to help us continue to provide these services for professionals and concerned citizens interested in promoting the well-being of families across North Carolina. Use the orange button at the top right of the screen to make a donation.
NOTE: The Spanish version of this course is currently unavailable. We hope to be able to offer this valuable resource in the near future.
- At the end of this course you will understand:
- The signs and symptoms of child maltreatment
- North Carolina mandatory reporting laws
- The legal definitions of abuse and neglect
- How and where to make a referral of suspected child maltreatment
- Barriers to reporting and some strategies for overcoming them
- Where to find additional resources
NEW! PCANC Self-Guided Online Course Format*
We are pleased to offer this course on our new E-learning platform. In the past year, we’ve worked hard to implement several features to improve your learning experience—all the same content but in an easier-to-use format.
REPLACEMENT CERTIFICATES – If you completed this course from May – October 2018, and you need a replacement certificate, you can request it by emailing your NAME, EMAIL (at the time of completion), and APPROXIMATE DATE COMPLETED to email@example.com.
If you completed it before that time period, you will need to show evidence (saved or printed) of your result from that time. If you don’t have that, you will need to retake the course with the button below.
- You will be asked to Register with a login and password. Because this is a self-guided course, you may pause to read at your own pace or log in or out at any time.
- Text may be small and difficult to view on a mobile device, but the course should operate normally. If it doesn’t, please let us know.
- For best results, use earbuds or headphones.
- The average time spent completing the material is around 2 hours.
- The Resources menu contains a PDF of the full course available for viewing or printing at any time.
- After completing this course with a score of at least 80%, you may save or print your Certificate of Completion.
- If you don’t have a printer, check your inbox. You will automatically receive an email* with a PDF of your Certificate after passing the Quiz.
*We recommend that you retain the email copy for your own records. Employers and schools do not routinely keep these beyond your employment, so you’ll want to have your own copy.
At the end of this course, you will be guided through several survey questions. Your feedback is important and will help us improve and develop future versions of this course. Thank you for your participation.
If you experience problems or need assistance at any time during the course, check the Resources menu. If you don’t find the answer you need there, or the problem persists, please send an email to Theresa Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-256-6613.*
*We do not have a 24-hour Help Desk. Calls and emails will be addressed as soon as possible during normal business hours.
If you have any problem with the course, please don’t wait to contact us. Let us know as soon as possible so we can be of assistance!
We are NOT AFFILIATED with Prosolutions. You must Register an account with us after clicking START to access the course.