PCANC is dedicated to making sure North Carolina’s citizens and professionals have the most effective and up-to-date tools possible to prevent child abuse and neglect before it occurs. Our workshops, trainings, and webinars offer the latest information, research, and strategies to help you strengthen families, increase protective factors, and ensure all children thrive.
Professional Development Opportunities
Our Professional Education Program offers a variety of professional development opportunities including:
- Recognizing and Responding to Suspicions of Child Maltreatment (R&R) – Have you ever wanted to know how to recognize child abuse and neglect? This is a self-guided online training that teaches citizens and professionals the signs and symptoms to look out for with child abuse and neglect, what to do when they suspect it is happening, NC’s reporting law, and what happens after a report is made. This training is available in English and in Spanish at no cost.
- What is Prevention? – a course designed for professionals and volunteers working with children and families. The one-hour course provides an introduction to child maltreatment prevention.
- Prevention Action Network Webinars – Each year PCANC offers webinars on a variety of topics related to child abuse prevention. These webinars are archived and available for members of the Prevention Action Network.
- Facilitator Trainings – trainings for Prevention Network members implementing Incredible Years, Strengthening Families Program 6-11, Circle of Parents programs, and Triple P Positive Parenting Program.
- Other Training and Networking Events – PCANC offers trainings on key issues and strategies on an as-needed basis. See Upcoming Training and Networking Events for our current offerings.
See what’s happening locally and across the state with our Professional Development Calendar.
For more information about training and professional development opportunities, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-829-8009.