FREE ONLINE TRAININGS
PCANC is dedicated to making sure North Carolina’s citizens and professionals have the most effective and up-to-date tools possible to prevent child abuse and neglect before it occurs. Our workshops, trainings, and webinars offer the latest information, research, and strategies to help you strengthen families, increase protective factors, and ensure all children thrive.
Recognizing and Responding to Suspicions of Child Maltreatment Training
Have you ever wanted to know how to recognize child abuse and neglect? This is a self-guided online training that teaches citizens and professionals the signs and symptoms to look out for with child abuse and neglect, what to do when they suspect it is happening, NC’s reporting law, and what happens after a report is made.
- Course Objectives:
- The signs and symptoms of child maltreatment
- NC’s mandatory reporting laws
- The legal definitions of abuse, neglect, and dependency
- How and where to make a referral of suspected child maltreatment
- Barriers to reporting and strategies for overcoming them
- Where to find additional resources
NOW AVAILABLE IN SPANISH
PCANC was granted funding to provide one of our courses in Spanish with the generous support of the Governor’s Crime Commission – NC DPS. Reconociendo y Respondiendo a las Sospechas de Maltrato Infantil is now available. Technical assistance is available only in English.
What is Prevention? Training
This course is designed for professionals and volunteers working with children and families. The one-hour course provides an introduction to child maltreatment prevention.
- Key Topics:
- How is prevention different from intervention?
- What are prevention services?
- What are risk & protective factors?
- How can we reduce risk factors and increase protective factors?
- When and to whom should prevention services be provided?
- Prevention Action Network Webinars – Each year PCANC offers webinars on a variety of topics related to child abuse prevention. These webinars are archived and available for members of the Prevention Action Network.
- Facilitator Trainings – trainings for Prevention Network members implementing Incredible Years, Strengthening Families Program 6-11, Circle of Parents programs, and Triple P Positive Parenting Program. Learn more.
- Other Training and Networking Events – PCANC offers trainings on key issues and strategies on an as-needed basis. See Upcoming Training and Networking Events for our current offerings.
See what’s happening locally and across the state with our Professional Development Calendar.
For more information about training and professional development opportunities, contact us at email@example.com or 919-829-8009.