Show your support for children and families during this election year by making sure our candidates plan to build great childhoods! We prepared this social media guide to help individuals and organizations alike contribute to the online community’s dialogue about the importance of prioritizing children and families during national, state, and local elections this year.
First, like and follow us on social media!
Then, start contributing to the conversation!
Throughout this campaign, we encourage the use of hashtags to increase our visibility and promote conversation about the importance of investing in great childhoods and we encourage you and/or your organization to do the same! Use the following hashtags: #GreatChildhoodsNC, #NCPOL, and #ItsEssential. And, tag @PCANC in your tweets on Twitter and @Prevent Child Abuse North Carolina on Facebook. We will retweet your posts about building great childhoods this election year!
There are many ways you can participate in this campaign!
Add a Campaign for Great Childhoods Twibbon overlay to your profile picture.
- Click the link below to go to our Twibbon:http://twibbon.com/support/greatchildhoodsnc-campaign
- Click "Add to Facebook" or "Add to Twitter"
- Authorize Twibbon to access your Facebook or Twitter account
- A pop-up will appear with an image of your profile picture with the badge overlay
- Copy and paste this message asking your friends to add the badge: "I added this badge to my profile picture to show my support for prioritizing children this election year! Will you vote for #GreatChildhoodsNC?"
- Click "Add the Twibbon to Facebook" (Or Twitter)
- You're not done yet! The photo will be added to "your photos" on your Facebook page
- Go to the photo in "your photos" on the left hand side of your Facebook page and click "Make Profile Picture" to set this as your profile picture!
Share/Retweet our social media posts
Schedule your own social media posts with the suggested posts below and be sure to use the hashtags mentioned above!
Read, share and comment on our #GreatChildhoodsNC Campaign blog posts
And to be sure you’re receiving eNewsletters, updates on our new blog posts, and other important information on building Great Childhoods in NC by signing the Pledge for Prevention!
Suggested Facebook and Twitter posts
You are encouraged to share and retweet Prevent Child Abuse North Carolina’s social media posts – but you can also use the social media posts provided below or create your own!
- The 2016 election season is officially upon us, and we need your help talking about the importance of investing in #GreatChildhoodsNC for NC’s children. Read more in Prevent Child Abuse North Carolina’s Blog: Campaign for Great Childhoods: It’s Essential (INSERT LINK) https://www.preventchildabusenc.org/services/blog-new/214-campaign-for-great-childhood-s-it-s-essential
- Children can’t vote, but you can. Help spread the word about why it’s important to prioritize children during the national election this November. #GreatChildhoodsNC #VoteKids
- It’s their duty to protect vulnerable children. Ask our candidates for Governor and legislators to sign the Pledge for Prevention! #GreatChildhoodsNC #NCPOL https://www.preventchildabusenc.org/get-involved/sign-the-pledge-for-prevention
- Does your candidate for Governor have a concrete plan for investing in programs that promote the healthy development of all NC’s children? If not, ask them to make investing in Proven Programs (such as NFP, Incredible Years, Strengthening Families, Circle of Parents, Triple P) a priority!
- 1 in 6 children live in households where food is scarce. Vote for #GreatChildhoodsNC this November.
- 1 in 5 children in the U.S. lives in poverty. Vote for #GreatChildhoodsNC this November.
- Vote for #GreatChildhoodsNC because voting is a small act that can make a big difference for children. Don't forget to cast your ballot this November!
- This is an important election. Make sure you are registered to vote. #GreatChildhoodsNC https://www.vote.org
- Don’t know if you’re registered to vote? Find out here: https://www.vote.org #GreatChildhoodsNC
- Can’t vote in person on Election Day? Get your absentee ballot here: https://www.vote.org #GreatChildhoodsNC
- #GreatChildhoodsNC means investing in quality early childhood education
- #GreatChildhoodsNC is investing in support for working families