Learn the Message! Attend a Workshop
Connections Matter is a community effort. We want everyone to know that fostering caring relationships with the children, families, and adults in your life matters for developing healthy brains, supportive relationships, and thriving communities.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE:
• Interactive, discussion-based curriculum
• Better understanding of trauma, brain development, resilience, and health – and how these topics relate to one another
• Concrete knowledge about Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
• Action planning and next steps for how you can make a difference
• Resources on trauma-informed care and implementation
• Strategies for increasing and improving your own connections
• Meeting other community members and building your network
• Tools for strengthening both personal and community resilience
Register for this General Workshop
TRAIN THE TRAINER WORKSHOP
Interested in being a Connections Matter Trainer? Stay tuned for upcoming Train the Trainer opportunities.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE:
o Interactive, discussion-based curriculum
o Better understanding of how trauma impacts brain development and a child’s ability to cope/succeed in school
o Concrete knowledge about ACEs and how they affect a child’s learning environment
o Action planning and next steps for implementing trauma-informed strategies in schools
o Strategies and ideas for helping students, families, and teachers to connect with one another
o Resources specifically related to trauma and resilience in education
o Connecting with other members of the education community
o Tools for overall building more caring and resilient learning environments
In our TRAIN THE TRAINER, we show the impacts that high levels of stress have on an individual’s health, and mental and social outcomes. We explore – through discussion, activities, a film screening, and action planning – how communities can come together to create a common language around trauma and resilience, and begin taking steps toward creating more compassionate, trauma-sensitive environments.
Once trained, you will join the Connections Matter NC team and deliver trainings in your community and neighboring communities. Community trainings are fee-based, and trainers will be compensated for their time. Technical support will be provided by PCANC.
For more information about Connections Matter workshops and the public awareness campaign, contact Nadia Moreta, firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-829-8009 (ext: 621).