CONNECTIONS MATTER TRAIN THE TRAINER
July 22 – 23, 2019
Prevent Child Abuse NC, with support from Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC), is offering a Train the Trainer opportunity for up to 30 stakeholders from across the state. The cost of the two-day training and training materials will be covered by funding from BCBSNC. There are a limited number of scholarships available to cover mileage and hotel accommodations.
Applications for Train the Trainer are due May 10 with an interview process for selected candidates to follow. The training will take place July 22-23, 2019, location TBD.
Because connections truly do matter, we are requesting that you apply with a training partner from your county or region to provide support as you conduct the trainings.
In our TRAIN THE TRAINER, we show the impacts that high levels of stress have on an individual’s health, and mental and social outcomes. We explore – through discussion, activities, a film screening, and action planning – how communities can come together to create a common language around trauma and resilience, and begin taking steps toward creating more compassionate, trauma-sensitive environments.
Once trained, you will join the Connections Matter NC team and deliver trainings in your community and neighboring communities. Community trainings are fee-based, and trainers will be compensated for their time. Technical support will be provided by PCANC.
Who should attend?
Community Support Leaders
Special Education workers
Mental health professionals
What will you receive?
• Interactive, discussion-based curriculum
• Better understanding of how trauma impacts brain development and a child’s ability to cope/succeed in school
• Concrete knowledge about ACEs and how they affect a child’s learning environment
• Action planning and next steps for implementing trauma-informed strategies in your community
• Strategies and ideas for helping form positive connections
• Resources specifically related to trauma and resilience
• Connecting with other members of the community
• Tools for overall building of more caring and resilient learning environments
If you’re interested in being the first cohort trained by PCANC to deliver Connections Matter in your community, please reference the schedule below and APPLY ONLINE for Train the Trainer.
Applications Due: May 10th
Interviews: May 13 – June 13
Accepted applicants notified: June 13
Training: July 22-23
Applications and questions should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.