By: Kris Demers, Prevent Child Abuse NC Communications Manager
Date Posted: July 19, 2019
We are thrilled to announce the launch of our new website! After 10+ months of hard work through one of our busiest years, we’re pleased to officially share the new features of our freshly-designed website, with help from our friends at Big Boom Design.
We launched this new website to better serve you, the steadfast child advocates working in so many different ways to improve outcomes for children and families across North Carolina. It’s a little gift to North Carolina’s families, our donors, supporters, Prevention Action Network members, and partners in celebration our 40th anniversary and the momentum we’re having as we turn the page into a new fiscal year.
Here are some new corners of our website:
- Building Connections for Prevention – Prevention is possible by connections. Learn more about how connections impact our approach and our work.
- What we do – Learn how we help build safe, stable, nurturing environments where children can thrive. Start on our Community Child Abuse Prevention Plans page and check out our other “buckets” of work using the green box in the right side bar.
- Learn what you can do – Find out how you can support our work with different opportunities to get involved. Start on our Advocate page (which houses all of our toolkits) and check out other ways to get involved using the orange box in the right side bar.
- Visit our Resource Hub – Find information about child maltreatment, like child abuse and neglect statistics, the cost of child maltreatment or the Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) Study. You can also find information about prevention (where our work lives and breathes), with information on the Protective Factors, the Safe Surrender Law, and more!
On our new website, you can now easily:
- Navigate to some of our most-visited pages from our old site via the “quick links” white navigation menu at the top of the page where you’ll find: “About us,” “Online Trainings,” “Connections Matter NC,” “Blog,” and “Shop.”
- Search for keywords using the search tool in the top right corner of the site
- Make a quick donation on any page using the donation form at the bottom of the page
- Sign up for our newsletter using the sign-up form at the bottom of the page
- Explore our latest blog posts at the bottom of our home page
- Learn about our latest news at the bottom of our home page
- Use our Quick Navigation links in the footer to visit other popular pages
We will be constantly updating our content with information that is relevant and helpful to all child advocates. We encourage you to come back to check for latest research, new blogs, announcements, events, opportunities to get involved, and stories of prevention.
We hope you enjoy the new website!